- Assist with the Torah Schedule (See Frank)
- Volunteer to assist with the children’s program. (See Katie)
- Donate school supplies (pens, paper, crayons, markers, glue sticks, and stickers-see Katie)
- Attention Parents! Clean up the children’s area/nursery before going home. (Sisterhood-see Sharon)
- Buying and refilling the water for upstairs (Sisterhood)
- Shaking & gathering tablecloths to launder (Sisterhood)
- Can you play an instrument? Do you sing or dance? (Contact Phil/Rabanit)
- Assist the worship team with pulling and filing music. (Sisterhood)
- Volunteer to manage overhead during Shabbat services. (Sisterhood)
OUTREACH: MITZVAH MATCH
One of the goals of the Tsemach Adonai Outreach Committee is to create or find opportunities to meet people in the Jewish community and build relationships. “Mitzvah Match” is the result.
“Mitzvah Match” was created to match “Chai House Residents that need tasks done in their apartments” with “Tsemach Adonai people who can do the job”.
Chai House is a Senior Residential Community in San Jose, with a population that is approximately 40% Jewish. Doing mitzvot is an opportunity to reach out with “good deeds”: ‘to the Jew first and also to the Gentile’, and meet people on a “one-on-one” basis, begin communication and possibly, give an invitation to visit Tsemach in the future.
If you would like to become part of this Outreach, please speak to Savta, or another member of the Outreach Committee: R. Charlie, Kayla, or Sharon. We’ll all meet and brainstorm together to make this work. All active participants will get a Mitzvah Match tee shirt.
Tuesday Night Study 7:00pm
1st: 11/7 - Bible study with Elder John/Prayer with Savta. Yudit
2nd: 11/14 - Rabbi Cohen-“Shadows of the Messiah”
3rd: 11/21 - Prayer with Savta. Yudit
4th: 11/28 - Rabbi Cohen-“Shadows of the Messiah”
Saturday, 12/16/2017 (start time to be announced.)
After Havdalah we will light the Chanukah candles. We will have a raffle, games and craft stations by age for the children. There will be a talent show for the children.
Sunday, 12/17/2017 (start time to be announced.)
We will need volunteers to set up, take down, play dreidel, sing songs, make sufganiyot, latkes, etc... anything greasy or dairy. See Savta for more info.
In the future we want to have a talent show/ concert with dinner fundraiser to raise money for our new building. There will be auditions. We also want to auction off some nice baskets.